The EVRC Race League is a way for club members to compete against each other throughout the year, even if they are not running in the same race.
Points are awarded according to position and added-up through the year. All times are age-adjusted. Members can play one ‘joker’ a year – notify a committee member at least 24 hours in advance of the race and your points will be doubled. At the end of the year one race will be picked at random and the results reversed.
The winners are announced at the club’s annual Christmas party.
There are two Leagues – Short and Long, and for 2020 we have changed how they work. Details, and dates, below.
For 2020 the Short League comprises entirely of nearby parkruns. The dates are as follows:
- Jan 11th. Arrow Valley
- Feb 22nd Worcester Pitchcroft
- Mar 7th Cheltenham Pittville
- Apr 18th Stratford-upon-Avon
- May 30th Worcester Country Park
- Jun 20th Chepstow
- July 18th Fire College Moreton-in-Marsh
- Aug 29th Churchfields Droitwich
- Sept 5th Warwick Racecourse
- Oct 3rd Evesham
In 2020 the Long League will comprise a range of races in the local area:
- Jan 8th Festive 5
- Feb 25th Bourton 10k
- March Forest of Dean Spring
- April Stratford Marathon
- May Broadway Tower race
- June Cleeve Cloud Cuckoo
- July Bredon Bash
- Aug Bugatti 10k
- Aug/sept Meteor Mile
- Sept Kenilworth 1/2 Marathon
- Oct tbc – a Marathon